What is happeningWe will take the following steps to produce and carry out our Parish Plan
- Form a Parish Plan Steering Committee.
- Establish a constitution.
- Seek and arrange funding and sponsorship.
- Agree a consultation process with the community.
- Analyse the responses from the various consultation procedures.
- Prepare an Action plan.
- Prepare and publish the final document – Preston Parish Plan.
Progress so far
- The committee is established, we meet monthly in the Half Moon.
- We have basic funding of £1,250 established. £500 from the Parish Council and £750 from Action with Communities in Rural Kent (Formally the Rural Development Council).
- This Web Site is available.
- We have established contact and have a commitment of active support from Action with Communities in Rural Kent.
- A parish plan questionnaire was designed and printed.
- A first letter of explanation was distributed to all residents during July 2005.
- A consultation open day was held shortly before the questionnaires were sent out.
- The questionnaire was circulated to all residents in October 2005 and have since been collected.
- Analysis of the questionnaire is under way - we have had a very good response - approximately 60% have been returned.
Events we have already been involved inThe Parish Plan Committee had a stall at the Preston Steam Rally on the 25th and 26th June 2005. It was a great success with many of you visiting our stall. We hope you enjoyed the Rally. The organisers of the Steam Rally have some photographs of it. They can be found at www.prestonservices.co.uk/rally.htm
We held a second open day on 18th March 2006 in Preston Village Hall.
The open day was a very important stage in the preparation of the Parish Plan as it gave all residents the opportunity to review the major issues that were identified in the recent Questionnaire and to add any additional opinions about the issues.
|There were many individual stands, each dedicated to a particular issue and manned by members of the committee.|
|110 people visited the open day; everyone showed great interest and recorded many constructive comments.|
We also had additional features directly related to the issues identified from your answers to the Questionnaire:
PC Foster kindly attended with his mobile police station and answered questions from the many visitors
The KCCs ‘Recycling Roadshow’ attended with their mobile presentation
A special thanks goes to the WI who very kindly prepared and served a delicious selection of refreshments.